Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Pursuit Begins

Hey everyone!

So tomorrow ( in approximately 9 hours) my plane for Bhutan will take off... and with any luck, I'll be on it! I am SO SO SO excited and, truth be told, a little bit scared. What with the language barrier, the uncertainty, and the whole monsoon season thing, the nerves are a bit a-jangle.

But hey, then I remind myself that this is a SWEET opportunity, and that the whole point is to hang out in an amazing, original place, to broaden my horizons and to gather a teensy bit of primary material for my BA. Really, how simple and awesome is that? Pretty simple and awesome, I'd say.

So, partly in an effort to be hilarious and partly in an effort to remind myself what the heck this whole adventure is for, I have named my nascent travel blog "The Pursuit of (Gross National) Happyness."

Eh???

Oh whatever, you all love it just as much as I do.

Anyways, this was just a taste of the linguistic brilliance that awaits, so check back in whenever the mood strikes you. I'll have access to email, although it will be somewhat sketchy, so holla at me when/if you can, because I would love to hear from all of you about your lovely selves! So do it.

Peace!

Liat

1 comment: